lördag 15 augusti 2015

My pacific coast knit






We made a trip this summer, an awesome trip, down the pacific, californian coast. I will write more about that later, but as we drove, eh, my husband drove, I knitted most of the time and this is the result! The pattern is Nordic Wind, not really appropriate in southern, sunny California, but it is for a lady who lives far north, where the winters are long and cold and it is dark from november thru march. Cannot tell who, because it is a birthday present.
The yarn is Lettlopi and the needles where 6mm I used almost all of the four skeins, that I had and I would have made it larger, had I had more yarn...
The shawl pin is from Knitters pride and I bought it by Yarnitudes in Sebastopol, Ca.
//
Vi gjorde en resa i sommar, en helt fantastisk resa, nerför Kaliforniens kust. Jag ska skriva mer om det snart. När vi körde, eh, min man körde, stickade jag på den här sjalen! Mönstret är Nordic Wind, inte helt passande till vädret i Kalifornien, men det är för en dam som bor långt norrut, där vintrarna är långa och kalla och det är mörkt från november till mars. Det är en födelsedagspresent, så jag kan inte säga vem det är. Garnet är Lettlopi och stickorna var nummer 6. Jag använde nästan varenda mm av nystanen, skulle nog gärna gjort den lite större...
Sjalpinnen är från Knitters Pride och jag köpte den hos Yarnitude i Sebastopol, Kalifornien.



Sweet store, so many yarns and accessories, if you are in the region I would suggest a visit;)
//
Fin affär med stort utbud, jag rekommenderar ett besök, om du är i närheten;)

10 kommentarer:

  1. Wow, what a trip that must have been. Hope you will share some of your adventures :)

    The shawl is gorgeous! I think I want to knit one.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It was Kim, it was marvelous! The knit is a relaxing one, you find it on ravelry!

      Radera
  2. Beautiful shawl, love the earthy colours. What a fabulous gift

    SvaraRadera
  3. Whoever is going to receive that shawl is one lucky person - it's beautiful! And I love how cute it is all packaged up.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Kelly, it is always good to have a rescue kit if something breakes:)

      Radera
  4. Beautiful shawl! I love the colors and it looks very warm.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I hope it will warm its reciever!

      Radera
  5. That's a beautiful wrap, the wool looks so soft :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Elise, well it is icelandic wool and actually kind of scratchy - before you wash it. But after wash and blocking it it is much softer! I have one muself and I love it!

      Radera